We are looking for accredited, qualified, skilled, detail oriented and tech savvy Accountant Assistant with 2+ years of experience in insurance, reinsurance or consulting industry.
Reporting to: Chief Accountant
- Timely and accurate bank transaction posting.
- Payable management by tracking invoices and statements from suppliers and making payments as approved.
- Timely bank balance reconciliation.
- VAT Filling and reconciliation.
- Assist the Chief Accountant in preparation of financial reports.
- Preparing premium remittances to insurers.
- Ensure high standard of customer service.
- Possess problem solving capabilities that are efficient and cost effective without compromising quality of service and risk.
- Effective communication with the team.
- Highlight potential risks or malfunctions and act proactively to resolve issues.
- Any other ad hoc duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- CPA II Certified.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounts or a related field.
- 2+ years’ experience in insurance.
- Financial Accounting and reporting, payment processing, documentation and record keeping skills.
- Good knowledge of regional financial regulatory requirements, including the Kenya IRA requirements.
- Strong communication and written skills and proficiency in English.
- High motivation, team-orientation and adaptability
What the Company offers
- An opportunity to join the fastest growing financial services group across the region.
- An opportunity to make real impact as you personally grow and develop.
- An opportunity to become part of a strong culture of collaboration, trust, openness and responsibility.
How to apply: Send your application to [email protected] to reach us on or before 24th June 2022 and quote “Accounts Assistant” on the email subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.