We are looking to hire an ambitious, analytical Technical Assistant – General Insurance with 2+ years of experience in insurance, brokerage or consulting to work in our brokerage Department. This is a client facing and solution driven role in a team environment with the ultimate goal of providing stellar support to new and existing corporate accounts.
Reporting to: Assistant Insurance Manager
- On time and in full delivery of insurance cover placements and renewals of covers.
- Monitor and report client projects progress and status.
- Claims handling and policy management
- • Analysis of industry risk assessments reports
- • Handle onsite administrational duties
- Develop policies for risk management and loss control
- Maintain low loss ratios
- Draft reports and other client communication material.
- Ensure high standard of customer service
- Review all policy documents for correctness before cover placement
- Conduct audits to ensure compliance with internal and external policies
- Possess problem solving capabilities that are efficient and cost effective without compromising quality of service and risk
- Providing competitive quotations to prospects.
- Consulting on the most effective cover for a particular need while taking a number of factors into account.
- Plan, manage, and track results of multiple workstreams and multiple projects, with responsibility for coordinating between various functional team members and departments
- Effective communication with the team and ensure all members are on board with delegated tasks
- Highlight potential risks or malfunctions and act proactively to resolve issues
- Frequent review of existing policies to determine new and shifting insurance needs
- Any other ad hoc but insurance and client management duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Good Progress in ACII/AIIK
- Bachelor’s Degree in Insurance or a related field
- 2+ years’ experience in general insurance
- General insurance claims and underwriting experience
- Proficiency in report writing and data collection
- Risk management and negotiation skills
- Good knowledge of regional financial regulatory requirements, including the Kenya IRA requirements.
- Strong communication and written skills and proficiency in English.
- High motivation, team-orientation and adaptability.
What the Company Offers
- An opportunity to join the fastest growing financial services group across the region.
- An opportunity to make real impact as you personally grow and develop.
- An opportunity to become part of a strong culture of collaboration, trust, openness and responsibility.
How to apply: Send your application to email@example.com to reach us on or before 20th June 2022 and quote “Technical Assistant – General insurance” on the email subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.